I think this is one of the best curries I have ever made. It is super simple, healthy (mostly) and you don’t even have to think about it, because it’s a crock pot recipe! This buttered chicken is a must try, and even my boyfriend, who is not a big fan of curry, loved it. I made this recipe with home-grown tomatoes and bell peppers.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup home – made tomato paste (or a can if you’re lazy)
- 2 tbs yellow curry powder
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 pounds chicken (boneless is easier but not necessary)
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 potato diced
- 1 bell pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken stock, tomato paste, curry powder, garam masala, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, potato, bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger into slow cooker. Pour liquid mixture into the pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours. Stir in heavy cream, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- While that is cooking, cook your rice.
- Serve over rice rice.
To make the tomato paste all you do is toss them into a food processor with some salt, that easy.
I have found that the curry tasted better each day, letting it soak in the spices, nom nom.
What do you think?