I realized the other day that I have never made Pad Thai before, at least not the sauce. I have cheated and bought the pre-made stuff, which is so-so, but never actually made the whole meal from scratch. I started to look for a recipe and then remembered, my mom made the best Pad Thai for me once back in Argentina, and she told me that it was a super easy recipe. Why I waited years to make this version, I have no idea. It is super simple, you cook the noodles, make the sauce, toss together, and you’re done. I, of course, being me, decided to add some ingredients to the mix, and here is the new and improved Pad Thai Recipe.
* 5-6 oz or 1/2 package Asian Noodles ( Soba, rice, ramen, etc)
* 2 Tablespoons, Pure Sesame Oil
* 2 Tablespoons Honey
* 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
* 1 1/2 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
* 1 1/2 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
* 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
* 1/2 Teaspoon Grated Ginger
* 1-2 Chicken Breasts- Diced
* 1 Head Broccoli, split into smaller pieces.
* Green Onion – For Garnish
* Sesame Seeds – For Garnish
* Lime Slice – For Garnish (optional)
What To Do:
- Start boiling water for your noodles. Meanwhile start cooking your kitchen. Warm olive oil or coconut oil in a pan and add the diced chicken. Add seasoning as desired, I used garlic salt. Once cooked through, set aside and cook the broccoli in the same pan, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package.
- While the noodles are cooking prepare the sauce. Add all the ingredients between sesame oil to grated ginger to a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- When noodles are cooked, add to the bowl with the sauce and toss. Add in the chicken and broccoli and toss. Plate your noodle and top with sliced green onion and sesame seeds. Lime juice adds a little pop.
And the whole meal is done in about 20 minutes! I love it, this will be a new go-to meal when I am feeling lazy to cook a big dinner. 😀
Let me know what you think!