I harvested these beautiful banana peppers from work yesterday, and was so excited to eat them when I got home. I mean…I had a brilliant idea, to make jalapeño poppers, but with banana peppers instead. Yas!
I was wondering if they would be spicy because they had turned red, but nope, they were perfectly mild. I personally like spicy, so when I do this again, which I will, I am going to add some Sriracha into the mix.
Anyways, you know the drill…
serving size 2 people
- Banana peppers – 7
- Cream Cheese – 1/4 cup
- Shredded Cheese – your choice, I had Jack cheese 2 Tablespoons
- Red onion (or yellow) – 2 Tablespoons diced
- Bacon! 3-7 strips
- Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with tin-foil.
- Rinse the banana peppers, then slice off the top, slice in half, and take out all the seeds. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and diced onion.
- Grab one half of a banana pepper and spoon in the cheese mixture. Place the other half on top and make sure they close back together. Wrap with bacon.
- Place all wrapped peppers on your prepared baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes, flip them over, and cook for another 10 or until bacon is done.
- Eat right away!
We had this as a snack before dinner, which, if you are wondering, I made a delicious steak with shishito peppers I also got from work, a small salad, and mashed potatoes. It was a good night.
Let me know your thoughts