I always say Brussel sprouts not Brussels sprouts…that’s interesting, I’ve been wrong this whole time. Who knew?
Well, you have found the perfect recipe for your next party. Having a party or going to one, this dish will be the best of them all. (When parties are socially allowed again, for now you can make people jealous eating this in front of them during your zoom call.)
Very creamy, cheesy and unhealthy, what is not to like?
- 4 slices bacon minimum
- 1 – 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, diced
- 5-8 mushrooms, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chipotle sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyère cheese, divided
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400℉.
- Place the bacon in a large, oven-proof skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the bacon is crispy. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the Brussels sprouts, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper to the skillet and stir to coat with the bacon fat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and chipotle, then add the crumbled bacon and stir to combine. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until the casserole is bubbly, the Brussels sprouts are tender, and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Turn the oven to broil, and broil until the top is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
I think this would be great with some pita bread or chips.
So creamy and cheesy, with that little kick from the chipotle, drooling thinking about it again.